Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
JOB SEARCH Job Search Online Work From Home Online Moms Work At Home Online Part Time Work At Home Online Find An Employee Online Job Application Form Online Search for Employers Paid Surveys Work From Home Comparison
Sign in to follow this  
frankzappa

Is dental assisting a good career

I have been an assistant for 2 1/2 years and many days , IT JUST SUCKS. We are overworked and understaffed. The three doctors are all arrogant and rude. They are all about the money, and will use you until you burn out. We don't even have a lunch break, because we have a constant schedule of patients. You have to eat your snacks when you can or you just won't get to eat.

The pay is not great either and there are no benefits. When ever the dentist decides he want to take a vacation you are out of work for the week. Or is you want to take a week off, he is less than thrilled because it messes up his schedule. He won't be able to have as heavy of a work load.

Like some of the other posters said, there is no respect given to assistants. Some days I regret that I did not go into another line of work. Some days I have no motivation to even go to work. The only thing good about the job is that the other two assistants are super nice and we get along great and look out for each other. If I didn't have them I would have quit by now.

JOB & DISTANCE LEARNING Distance Learning University Graduate Degree Online Bachelor Degree Online Distance Degree Online Master Degree Online Online Courses MBA Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online