Campco FCU is looking for dedicated professionals who have a passion for helping others. Campco FCU is devoted to improving the lives of our members and our community as a whole.
*Minimum one year or more of lending experience
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Opening accounts and processing loans.
- Teller processing.
- Providing information on credit union products and services to members according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations.
- Interview applicants for consumer loans.
- Promote credit union products and services.
- Verify insurance protection of collateral properties
- Manage loan closings to ensure timely and accurate loan transactions.
- Review and submit loans as required according to departmental goals.
- Outbound phone calls to new members (welcoming to CFCU and offering products such as checking, online banking, refinance, and etc.)
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Place member check orders, follow up & handle the check order billing.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
*Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with Bachelor’s degree.
*Formal credit training
*One-year customer or member service experience
*One year of sales experience preferred
Note: The list of essential functions is not to be construed as exclusive, exhaustive, or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required, assigned, or supplemented as necessary on occasion.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Comprehensive knowledge of lending industry regulations and standards, various loan products and services
- Ability to practice sound judgment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, managers, clients, members and the general public
- Ability to read & interpret P&P manuals, NCUA Rules & Regulations, and any Federal Regulation related to job responsibilities
- Excellent basic mathematical skills required (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be proficient at accurately counting currency
- Ability to process work with accuracy
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient problem solving and reasoning ability
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- lending: 1 year (Required)