Your human resources cover letter should provide the potential employer with compelling evidence of your suitability for the human resources job opportunity. The cover letter provides an opportunity to highlight your skills and strengths as they directly relate to the job opening.
Adapt this sample human resources manager cover letter for the HR job you are applying for. You need to get the reader’s attention and give sufficient reason for your job application to be given serious consideration.
A well written HR cover letter will immediately set your job application apart from the average application the employer receives.
Human Resources Manager
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
Your recent advertisement in the New York Times for the Human Resources Manager position immediately captured my interest. I am confident that my solid experience provides me with the capabilities to successfully fill this position. Accordingly I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
- Some key skills and accomplishments that I would bring to the job include:
- 8 years advising senior decision-makers on employee issues at DEF Organization
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of over X employees at all levels in the organization
- Development of a staff retention program that resulted in a 16% improvement in employee retention
- Efficient introduction and monitoring of a performance management system throughout the organization
- Successful implementation of a career path management program
- In depth knowledge and understanding of employment law and federal regulations to ensure compliance
- A solid reputation as a self starter with the ability to find innovative solutions to problems and meet challenges head on
I am seeking an opportunity to excel in a dynamic company and I am confident of the contribution I can make to ABC Company. I would enjoy meeting with you to further discuss this opportunity. Please contact me, via phone or e-mail, to set up a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Your human resources manager cover letter should clearly highlight the relevant core skills and experience that you bring to the human resources job opportunity.
Make use of the sample human resources resume to develop a persuasive resume to send with your human resources manager cover letter. Adapt it for each specific HR job opportunity.
Human Resources Cover Letter Help
Use this detailed human resources job description for a list of task and job competencies. Be sure to focus on the relevant strengths you have for this particular HR position.
Use the human resources interview questions to prepare for your human resources job interview. Use the answer guidelines to develop your own winning interview answers.
Human Resources Jobs
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.